- When major sources of protein, such as nuts and fish, are used to replace red meat ( saturated fat ), heme iron, and sodium decrease, whereas intake of polyunsaturated fat (good fat) increases.
- A new Food Pyramid is Coming Soon .The new plan is vastly more active and will reach people at home, at school, at work, at play, and especially at supermarkets and restaurants.
- Diet soda may not be the healthier alternative many had hoped. A new study suggests that the popular drinks may increase the risk for stroke, myocardial infarction, and vascular death.
- Eating baked or broiled dark fish such as salmon five times a week may prevent heart failure in older women,whereas having fried fish only once a week may increase this risk,
- Sleep deprivation makes the day drag and appears to put a drag on metabolism, too, causing the body to use less energy,
- Short nighttime sleep duration in early life is linked to obesity later in life
- Orlistat, which is sold as a prescription drug , has been linked to "oxalate-induced acute kidney injury" . The FDA issued a warning about the risks of severe liver injury with orlistat use, based on 13 reports of liver toxicity in which two patients died of liver failure and three required liver transplants.