1. Cut down on the amount of high fat content foods you eat (fried food,junk food, breaded foods, sweets…)
2. Eat a high protein , moderate carbs and low fat diet
3. Forget the 3 meals a day. To speed up your metabolism and burn fat quicker, you should start eating 5-6 small meals a day, instead of the 3 big meals that you might be used to. Your stomach will shrink and you will burn more calories naturally because even the digesting of the food burns calories!
4. Eat fruits and vegetables everyday. Try to consume them with every meal.
5. Include green tea in ur diet, olive oil and almonds.
6. Exercise at least 3 times a week (cardio + weight lifting)
So those are some simple tips that you can use to burn fat not muscle. Just try to keep things as simple as you can.